Friday, December 15, 2023

My Favorite Things.

Remember that song in The Sound of Music?  The one where Maria lists off her favorite things in a cheesy bed-time display of ridiculous vocal and acting talent??  Yeah, that one...

I don't think this could be turned into a song, but I thought I'd write my own list.

These are a few of my favorite things....

1.  The sound of my children when they say "hey, dad."
2.  Salted caramel lattes made with heavy cream.
3.  Posting final grades at the end of the semester.
4.  Firewood that is cured perfectly.
5.  Honda motorcycles.
6.  The first day of fall semester.
7.  How the Chicago Symphony brass section sounded when Bud was still alive.
8.  Building things with my hands and my tools.
9.  Flagg Mountain.
10.  Homemade vanilla ice cream.
11.  Boat parades. Even if it's foggy.
12.  Jeep Wranglers.
13.  Watching The Ensemble shred.
14.  Being tacet on a piece of music so I can listen to my friends play amazing music.
15.  Spontaneous trips.
16.  Maverick and Ellie and Josie and Zeus and Beau and Dodger and Tucker and Oakley and all the dogs.
17.  Smartwool sock.
18.  LaSportiva shoes.
19.  Yamaha trumpets.
20.  My mom's homemade biscuits.
21.  Voces8.
22.  How my yard looks after I mow it.
23.  Robert Frost poetry.
24.  The look on a student's face when they finally get it.
25.  #BrassStaff
26.  Liriodendron tulipfera.
27.  Sunsets
28.  Liturgical music.
29.  November.
30.  Tritone suspensions.
31.  Having my kids all under one roof.
32.  Comfortable chairs.
33.  Hennessy hammocks.
34.  Barq's root beer
35.  Sunshine on a brisk fall day.
36.  Hiking.
37.  Road trips.
39.  St. George Island
40.  Duran Duran


There are a million other things.  I don't even know how I listed 40 things because I love so many things.  There is so much in the world to love if you see it properly.  

I was recently encouraged to resumer blogging, and so here I am.  And I love that, too.  

Have a great day!  






No comments:

Post a Comment